Thursday, May 21, 2009

I want that!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/americanidol/2009/05/21/2009-05-21_american_idols_bikinigirl_katrina_.html

Ok lets let the haters have their say about Katrina Darrell (the cocky American Idol "Bikini Girl"). And lets have the feminists have their say as well. Now let me tell you what I think.....


It bothers me that she is so cocky..I will admit that right off the bat...and perhaps that is her way of dealing with whatever insecurities she may have (and obviously her breasts were one/two because of her obvious, though seemingly well done, breast augmentation). Lets also be honest that she has a really nice body! Though I don't have her body, I wish I had a little of her confidence! I wish I could change in the gym's locker room without desperately trying not to reveal any skin. I mean what am I worried about? I have worked really hard at becoming more healthy and in shape...so why hide it?? Will I ever be satisfied with how I look? Many woman who I think look great and aspire to look like are also not happy with their bodies (or at least parts)....so maybe its unattainable.



Despite Katrina's cockiness and my dislike of it, I am far more bothered by the American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi (a slender beautiful woman...ideals in our society, no?). She was embarrassed of her body. This was evidenced by her quick flash (though for charity) and her multiple attempts to hold her dress shut. Why should she be so embarrassed to show off her body??? That really bothers me. Now, I am not advocating stripping or flashing. And lets be honest, she was not indecent...she was wearing a swimsuit and my girls will see just as much at the pool this summer. I like modesty just as the next mother of two young girls...but embarrassment? If you have decided to open your dress, then leave it open! Be confident!



That is what I want for myself and my girls. I guess I better start somewhere...do as I do, right? Next stop gym locker room.......oh, and for those who may actually see me attempt this at the gym, yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment