Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hard lessons

It's not how hard you hit but how hard you are hit and keep moving forward---Randy Pausch

I'm trying very hard to stay out of your way and let you learn life's lessons your own way. I only wish it weren't so darn hard. I want to protect you from pain and disappointment....but really the better lesson is to teach you how to deal with frustration and how to get back onto your feet if you fall. You'll feel stronger that way. At the same time, I'll always be here with a kiss and a band-aid, trying hard not to gasp as I see the fall coming.

I want you both to be the type of people who make lemonade from the lemons life throws at you. I want you to find the good in the bad. I want you to find strength as the world crumbles around you. But I also want you to reach out for help when you need it. Read the "The Last Lecture," Randy is a great example of a lemonade manufacturer :)

I realize I need to model that type of persistence, but also allow you to in small measures experience the joy that comes with a hard earned victory over adversity.

Love, Mama

-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment