Friday, September 18, 2009

Expectations

From "Lunchbox Chronicles" by: Marion Winik

"Unrealistic expectations are self-defeating; becoming obsessed with guilt when things go awry, as they are bound to in such a difficult and long term project, doesn't help anybody. You can't very well move on and act the way you'd like while mired in unworthiness and hopelessness. And all the time you spend brooding and punishing yourself is more time when your best self is not there for your children."

I will try everyday to look ahead and not back. So I can be fully present, enjoy all life has to offer, and improve the outcome of this long-term project (parenthood).

I have been feeling guilty that I have not posted as often as I'd like. But taking this passage to heart, I renew my commitment to share the thoughts in my mind. I will not set unrealistic expectations nor mire when I go off track. I will willingly rely on the quotes of others (whilst giving them credit) if they capture something I think or feel. I do not need to reinvent the wheel. I have far too many other things to accomplish within a day. Can I get an "Amen!"

-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment